This support article guides you through the steps to send conversion data to LinkedIn from Google Sheets.
Before you begin
To send conversion data to LinkedIn, you need a LinkedIn account with access to an ad account. Learn how to grant access to LinkedIn accounts.
You also need to set up conversion tracking on LinkedIn. When setting up a new conversion, make sure to choose the Conversions API option.
Step 1: Install the Conversion Uploader add-on to Google Sheets
- Find the Conversion Uploader - Supermetrics in the Google Workplace Marketplace.
- Click Install.
- Click Continue.
- Sign in with the Google Account you want to use with Supermetrics.
- Click Allow to give Supermetrics the permissions it needs to work.
- Open Google Sheets.
- Open a sheet or create a new one.
- Navigate to Extensions → Conversion Uploader - Supermetrics → Launch to open the Supermetrics sidebar.
Step 2: Send conversion data to LinkedIn
- Open a Google Sheets file.
- Click Extensions → Conversion Uploader - Supermetrics → Launch to open the sidebar.
- In the sidebar, click the Account tab and select LinkedIn.
- Click Log into LinkedIn and follow the prompts for the authentication process. After completing the authentication process, Conversion Uploader - Supermetrics will retrieve all your LinkedIn ad accounts.
- Select the account you wish to use under Select LinkedIn advertising account.
- Under Select LinkedIn conversion rule, select the conversion tracking option where you wish to send the data.
- Insert the conversion data into the Google Sheet following LinkedIn specifications, and click Preview & Upload Data to LinkedIn.
- Review the data, and click Upload to LinkedIn.
Step 3: Set up automatic conversion upload
You can set up automatic hourly uploads for your conversion data.
- Go to the Schedule tab in the Conversion Uploader - Supermetrics sidebar.
- Select the Upload new conversions from this sheet automatically checkbox.
- Click Schedule.