Before you can begin using BigQuery as a Supermetrics destination, ensure that you’ve met the prerequisites below.
To use the Supermetrics Hub version of BigQuery, you need:
- A Google Cloud account and a Google Cloud project with billing enabled
- BigQuery API enabled
- A Google Cloud service account with the role "BigQuery Admin" for the dataset.
- A service account key
- A dataset to connect to
Follow these instructions to enable the BigQuery API.
You need to create a Google Cloud service account to use BigQuery from the Supermetrics Hub. Follow these instructions to create the service account.
When setting up access permissions for your service account, select the BigQuery Admin role.
The service account key is used to connect Supermetrics with a specific BigQuery project and dataset.
Creating the service account key requires a Create Service Accounts (roles/iam.serviceAccountCreator) IAM role on the project.
To get the service account key, you should either:
- Ask your administrator to grant you the Create Service Accounts (roles/iam.serviceAccountCreator) IAM role on the BigQuery project, and create the service account key yourself.
- Ask your admin to create the service account key and share the key with you.
- Invite your admin to the Supermetrics team, and ask the admin to create the BigQuery connection on the Destinations page on the Supermetrics Hub.
With the necessary IAM role, follow these steps to create the service account key:
- Navigate to the Service Accounts page in Google Cloud IAM. Click the email address for the service account that you created.
- Click Keys.
- Click Add key, and then click Create new key.
- Click Create. A JSON key file will be downloaded to your computer.
- Click Close.
You need to create a dataset in BigQuery for your queries to connect to from the Supermetrics Hub. Follow these instructions to create a dataset in BigQuery.