When you create a Snowflake data warehouse destination in the Supermetrics Hub, the configuration requires details that can be obtained from your Snowflake instance and user account.
Before you begin
Before you create a Snowflake destination, please make sure all prerequisites are met. Learn more about the prerequisites for creating a Snowflake destination.
You may need specific permissions to access the details needed in the configuration. If you're unable to access some information, please contact your Snowflake admin.
In addition to username and password, you can use key pair authentication with Snowflake. Learn more about key pair authentication.
The configuration stage of creating a new destination in the Supermetrics Hub includes the following fields.
- Display name will be used as the name of this destination within the Supermetrics Hub, to distinguish it from other destinations.
- Hostname refers to the name of the Snowflake instance you want to use as a destination. You can obtain the hostname from the URL you use to access your Snowflake instance.
For example, if the full URL is https://supermetrics.eu-west-1.snowflakecomputing.com/console#/internal/worksheet, the hostname is supermetrics.eu-west-1.snowflakecomputing.com.
- Warehouse refers to the name of the destination warehouse. See Snowflake documentation to learn more about warehouses.
- Database name refers to the name of the destination database. See Snowflake documentation to learn more about databases.
- Database schema refers to the name of the destination database schema.
The details of your warehouse, database, and schema can be easily obtained from the Snowflake web interface. See Snowflake documentation for a tour of the web interface.
- Authentication method refers to the authentication method to the database. You can use username and password authentication, or key pair authentication. Learn more about key pair authentication.
Depending on the authentication method, the fields are:
- For username and password: Username and Password of your Snowflake user account
- For key pair: Username, Private key, and optional Passphrase for your Snowflake database