Scheduled report updates in Supermetrics automatically refresh your queries, and send updated reports via email. Each refresh happens on a schedule that you define using report triggers.
You can also have Supermetrics send you a notification email if any of your scheduled refreshes fail to complete.
Before you begin
Before you begin, make sure you’ve installed Supermetrics and added the data sources you need to Excel.
You should also confirm that the file you want to add triggers to is saved to a OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint drive location.
- Open the Supermetrics sidebar.
- Navigate to the Schedule tab.
- Click Add trigger.
- Choose actions for your trigger from the Action dropdown menu.
- Fill out your email preferences.
- Click Save.
Enable failure notifications
You can add a failure notification to any trigger in Excel. This means that any email addresses you choose will receive an email notification if your scheduled refreshes fail to complete.
You can enable these notifications on any trigger at any time.
- Open the Supermetrics sidebar in Excel.
- Open the Schedule tab.
- Click Add trigger to create a new scheduled refresh, or click Edit under any existing trigger to make changes to it.
- Check the box next to Send email alerts if queries fail on refresh.
- Add the email address you’d like to receive the notification, and click Save.