This guide will walk you through how to fix permissions errors when you’re logging into a data source with Supermetrics:
- It seems you tried to log in with a user that does not have (data source) enabled. Please try again with another user account.
- Please login with a data source user that has access to at least one account.
- We did not find any accounts with your login credentials. Please try again using a different login.
- Invalid credentials/Invalid credentials provided.
- User is not authorized to make this request.
- This user does not have permission to read data.
- User permission denied: user doesn’t have permissions for account.
- Failed to authenticate with the provided information.
Data source-specific errors:
- Facebook Ads/Instagram Insights: Unsupported get request. Object with ID 'act_' does not exist.
- Twitter Ads: This user does not have permission to read campaign data.
- Twitter Ads : User is not authorized to make this request.
- Twitter Public Data: Profile not found.
- Instagram Insights failure: Fetching insights caused the following error: (#10) Application does not have permission for this action.
- LinkedIn Company Pages: The request requires higher privileges than provided by the access token.
Please check that your account’s user role level meets the data source’s access requirements. Refer to our authentication guides and follow the section Before you begin to learn more.
If you can’t change your access or permission level, contact your account administrator.
Try these checks if the error persists after you've adjusted permissions.
- Reauthenticate the data source.
- Check that you are assigned as a user to your license.
- Check that the data source is supported by your license package.
Renewing a login can help resolve permissions errors that persist.
Renew the authentication login (also known as a token) with the data source you’re encountering the error with.
If you encounter one of the errors above with Instagram or Facebook, reset the app permissions.
- If you encounter an authentication error such as “authentication failed”, “you need to reauthenticate” or similar, see this guide.