Follow these steps to solve the issues that can cause this error:
- Instagram Insights failure (Fetching insights caused the following error: (#10) Application does not have permission for this action)
Step 1: Check permissions
Your Instagram account needs permission to connect to Supermetrics. Learn about the permissions your account needs.
Step 2: Reconnect
Once you’ve confirmed that you have the right permissions, reconnect your account to Supermetrics.
Step 3: Reset your business integration
If the steps above don’t resolve the error, reset the Supermetrics business integration for Instagram Insights. Here’s how:
- Log in to Facebook with the account that you use to connect Instagram to Supermetrics.
- Once you’ve logged in, open your business integration settings.
- In the "Active" tab, find Supermetrics connector.
- Check the box at the far right of the row.
- Click Remove.
When you’re ready, reopen Supermetrics in your destination and connect your Instagram account. You’ll have completely reset your connection, so the process will follow the steps you’d take if you were connecting for the very first time.
Step 4: Reconnect Facebook and Instagram
If the error persists after you’ve checked your permissions and reset your business integration, disconnect and then reconnect your Facebook and Instagram accounts. This ensures there’s no misconfiguration between the two.
Follow the instructions in Facebook’s documentation to disconnect and reconnect your accounts.