You can use the “Display date” setting in Supermetrics Semrush Analytics queries to fetch historical data.
Before you begin
The setting is not available for all query types. If it isn’t supported by a query type, it won’t appear as an option.
- It only works for months that are in the past, as far back as 2012 for US databases and 2013 for others.
- It can’t be used for the current month.
- It can only query data 1 month at a time. Multiple queries are needed to cover a longer time range.
- The day value must be set to the 15th — no other days are supported.
- The date format must be: YYYYMM15 (year/month/15).
Note that historical data calls for Semrush Analytics cost considerably more API units than current data requests do. Review the cost per line in Semrush’s documentation before querying historical data.
- Click on any report element connected to Semrush in your report to open the Supermetrics pane.
- Click the Edit icon next to Semrush Analytics to open its configuration window.
- Scroll down to the Display date field.
- Enter the display date value with the format YYYYMM15 (year/month/15).
- Open the Supermetrics sidebar.
- Click the Report configuration dropdown.
- Make your selection.