Using the Supermetrics Query Manager, you can easily create queries and connect your data from various data sources to Qlik Sense via the Supermetrics API.
We recommend using the KEY-JSON output format.
Before you begin
See Qlik documentation for more information about creating a REST connection to transfer your data.
- Log in to the Supermetrics Hub.
- Go to API.
- Select for Supermetrics API from the dropdown menu next to the page title.
- Click Select data source.
- Select a data source and connection to use.
- In the sidebar on the left, build your query. Click Run to test it and review your data in the preview.
- From the URL format options, select K-JSON.
- Copy the K-JSON URL.
The query URL includes an API key that gives anyone with the URL access to your data. Treat this as you would a password and keep it safe. If you need to share the URL publicly, use the Short URL option that does not display your API key.
- Open Qlik Sense, and create a new app.
- Continue to add data to the app.
- In the Add data view, select the REST option.
In the connection configuration view, paste the Query URL you copied from the Query Manager in step 7 into the URL field and select a name for the connection.
Click Test connection to ensure the configuration is valid.
To finalize the setup, click Create.