The Query Manager tool allows you to easily construct queries to pull your data with the Supermetrics API and output CSV- or JSON-formatted data for a range of destinations. You can access the Query Manager in the Supermetrics Team Site.
Before you begin
The Query Manager can be used with a Supermetrics API license. Please contact our sales team for a quote.
If you don’t have a license yet, you can test the Query Manager with a 14-day trial license for any data source. The trial license will be created automatically when you authenticate the data source with Supermetrics. You can start one trial per data source, for as many data sources as you want.
- Log in to the Team Site.
- In the left-hand menu, click Query Manager (API).
- In the sidebar on the left, build your query.
- Select the data source from the list of options and continue to authenticate it. Explore our data-source-specific authentication guides for instructions.
- Select the data source accounts to include. Depending on the data source, this can mean properties such as ad accounts, views, or pages.
- Under Select dates, set the date range for your query, either from the list of pre-set dynamic date ranges, or by setting custom start and end dates.
- Under Select metrics, select what metric data to include in your query.
- Under Split by dimensions, select dimensions to split your metric data to rows or columns.
- Under Filter, you can apply filters to your data, and under Options, you can define data-source-specific options and set advanced settings to your query. These are optional se
- When you’ve configured your query, click Run to test it.
- You can see your data in a preview table and raw JSON format to ensure the data is returned as expected.
- Select a format option for the query URL depending on your data destination. See our guides for how to connect your data to Power BI, Qlik Sense, or Tableau.
The query URL includes an API key that gives anyone with the URL access to your data. Treat this as you would a password and keep it safe. If you need to share the URL publicly, use the Short URL option that does not display your API key.
- You can also export the data directly in CSV or JSON format.