This article instructs you how to move your Ad + Google Analytics Data queries from using Google Analytics to using Google Analytics 4.
If you want to create new reports or add Google Analytics 4 -specific charts, you only need to create a new copy of the data source with Google Analytics 4 properties selected and start using it. Note that you can't combine Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4 accounts in the same data source, which is why you need to create a copy.
Take a look at this support article for limitations specific to Google Analytics 4.
These instructions assume that you have not yet created a copy of the Ad + Google Analytics Data connector with Google Analytics 4 accounts. If you already have the data source created with Google Analytics 4, you can skip to step 9 and add the data source to the report and use that.
- In an existing report, click Add data.
- Under Connect to data, search for the Ad + Google Analytics Data connector from Supermetrics. It should automatically load the configuration page.
- Go through and add all the same ad accounts for all the same data sources you had selected in the original report. Set the same settings.
- Go to the Google Analytics section and make sure that no views are selected.
You can't use Google Analytics with Google Analytics 4 in the same data source. You'll get an error if both Google Analytics versions are selected.
- Go to the Google Analytics 4 section and select the properties you want to use.
- Click Add.
- Click Add to report.
- Rename the data source so it's easy to tell it apart from the original.
- Go to Resource → Manage added data sources.
- Find the copy of Ad + Google Analytics Data that has no charts in use. This is the data source you just created.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the name and click Done.
- Go to the chart you want to switch to use the Google Analytics 4 version of the data source.
- Click the data source name.
- From the list, select the new data source version you added to the report.
- Looker Studio should update automatically, and now the chart should be using Google Analytics 4.
Repeat these steps as needed with other charts and reports.