This guide will walk through on how to fix the error "Instagram Insights failure (Fetching insights caused the following error: (#10) Application does not have permission for this action)".
As a first step, please check that you meet the Instagram Insights access requirements, meaning the user role level for each business account. Please refer to this guide: General Data Source Access Requirements.
Once you have confirmed the above, and you are certain you have the correct admin access, please re-authenticate the Instagram Insights data source, by following one of the guides below:
Data Studio: How to re-authenticate a Data Studio connector
Google Sheets: How to re-authenticate a Google Sheets connector
Microsoft Excel: How to re-authenticate an Excel connector
In some cases, you will need to reset the Supermetrics business integration for Instagram Insights. Please do the following:
- Log into Facebook with the account that was used to authorize the Instagram Insights connector.
- Use the following link to go to the Business Integration settings section: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools
- In the Active section, find the "Supermetrics Connector" option.
- Check the box next to the Supermetrics tab and click the Remove button.
For Instagram Insights, choose Supermetrics Connector:
For Instagram Public Data, choose Supermetrics IGPD2:
- Once the "Supermetrics Connector" business integration has been removed, go back to the Supermetrics product.
- Authenticate the Instagram Insights data source: How to Authenticate/Re-authenticate Instagram Insights in Google Sheets, Google Data Studio & Microsoft Excel
If everything fails
In some cases, this error can be caused by Facebook's side misconfiguration when the connection between Instagram and Facebook pages is invalid.
If the error persists, please follow this guide: https://www.facebook.com/help/1148909221857370 and kindly follow the sections:
1. "Disconnect Your Facebook Page and Instagram Account"
to disconnect all Instagram and Facebook accounts you are connected with, and
2. "Connect Your Facebook Page and Instagram Account"
to re-authenticate your Facebook and Instagram accounts.
If you continue to have issues after trying the above actions, please submit a request to support with the details of the issue and we will assist you.