After creating your first Power BI query on the Supermetrics Hub, you're ready to install the Supermetrics connector to Power BI.
While the Supermetrics connector for Power BI is undergoing certification with Microsoft, it requires manual installation. You can schedule a walkthrough call with our Power BI expert or follow the steps below.
You can also install the trusted Supermetrics connector for Power BI. Learn more in our support article.
- Create the following path on your PC: [Documents]\Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors.
Make sure you use the documents folder for the current user under disk C.
- Go to the Supermetrics Hub, and click Export → Power BI.
- Click Connect to Power BI. You'll get a Supermetrics file to use with your connection.
- Download and save the Supermetrics file to the Custom Connectors folder you created.
Please book a call with our Power BI expert or contact our support team if you don't have the file.
- Adjust the Power BI settings to allow custom connectors to load. As described in this Microsoft article, open Power BI Desktop, go to File → Options and Settings → Options, and find the Security tab.
- Under Data Extensions, select (Not Recommended) Allow any extension to load without validation or warning.
- Click OK.
- Restart your Power BI Desktop.
Now when you open Power BI and click Get data, you'll already be able to find Supermetrics.
If you prefer to keep the local security settings without changes and use an alternative way of installing the connector, another option would be "trusting" our connector. For this, you'll need to create a registry key with our certificate on your Windows machine. Take a look at our instructions on how to install the trusted connector.