Before you create a destination to start transferring data to your Google Cloud Storage (GCS) Bucket, see these prerequisites.
Once you've made sure all prerequisites are met, see our guide for How to configure a data destination.
Prerequisites for creating a destination
1. You need to have an existing GCS Bucket.
2. You need to have a Service Account that has at least the Storage Object Creator role, as well as either Storage Admin role or a Custom Role with storage.buckets.get permission for the bucket you want to use for your transfers.
You or your GCP Admins can create a Service Account in the Google Cloud Platform, under IAM & Admin → Service Accounts at console.cloud.google.com/iam-admin/serviceaccounts. You will also need to create a JSON key for that Service account. The entire JSON key file content is needed to create the destination at team.supermetrics.com – it should look similar to this:
"private_key": "-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----\12345ABCDummyKey\n-----END PRIVATE KEY-----\n",
Additionally, you can define the role for the Service Account in the Permissions tab for a specific bucket:
3. Sufficient permissions
- You or your GCP Admins can either assign the role Storage Object Admin to the Service Account or create a custom role with permissions “storage.objects.create”, “storage.objects.delete”, “storage.objects.get” and “storage.objects.list”. See instructions in Google Cloud IAM Documentation: Creating and managing custom roles.
4. IP whitelisting is needed if your GCP projects only allows access from “selected networks”.
- You or your GCP Admins can add the following Supermetrics IP addresses to your GCP setup, if your organization requires IP whitelisting:
- NOTE: Do not forget to add your own IP address to avoid getting “locked out”.