This guide will walk you through how to authenticate or reauthenticate Moz with Google Sheets and Data Studio.
Before you begin
Moz allows you to collect publicly available search engine data. It doesn’t require you to log in to a specific account. To fetch more than 200 rows of data with Moz, you’ll need to use your own API credentials.
- URL metrics returns metrics for a URL or a set of URLs you specify (up to 50).
- Link metrics returns information about links between a target URL and other pages and domains.
Data protection agreement
If you have any questions about how Supermetrics handles and secures your data, read our policy on data privacy and security.
- Open a new Google Sheets file.
- Click Add-ons → Supermetrics → Launch to open the sidebar.
- Under Data source, select the data source.
- Click Start.
- Navigate to Report Configuration.
- Under Query type, select the query type.
- Type URL. To select multiple URLs, separate them with commas or new lines.
- Open the Supermetrics data source gallery.
- Navigate to the data source and click Try.
- Click Authorize to authorize Supermetrics in Data Studio.
If you're authenticating the data source for the first time, log in with the Google account you use with Supermetrics. Click Allow.
- Click Authorize to log in to your data source.
- Under Query type, select the query type and click Next.
- Type URL. To select multiple URLs, please separate them with commas or new lines.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
To create a report with our template, select Use report template for new reports.
To create a blank report, deselect this option.
- Click Connect on the top right-hand side. This will open a full list of fields available in this connector. You can skip this list.
- Click Create report.
- Click Add to report to complete the authentication steps.
Add or remove a user account
- To add or remove a user account go back to the data source settings. Click on the link at the end of the sentence that starts with “To add more/manage user accounts…”
- Click +Add new account to add a new user account.
- Click the Trash icon to remove that specific user account.
- Click Continue to proceed with that user account.