This guide will show you how to edit an existing transfer created with Supermetrics for BigQuery – for example, change the name or schedule of the transfer, or the selected accounts you want to get data from.
1. Go to Google BigQuery at console.cloud.google.com/bigquery. Under Data Transfers, navigate to the transfer you have created with Supermetrics.
2. On the Transfer details page, click on Edit.
3. You'll be taken to the Edit transfer page. Here you can make changes to the transfer name, schedule, destination dataset, and notification options.
- Note that the data source type cannot be edited. If you want to fetch data from another data source, you will need to create a new transfer.
4. If you want to make changes to the data source connection through Supermetrics, click on the Change configuration button under Third party connection.
5. A Transfer settings window will open. Depending on your data source, here you can make edits such as the selected schema, the selected ad accounts, and other general settings.
- If the transfer has been created under a Supermetrics team you are not a member of, you will see the message "This transfer belongs to a team to which you do not have access". In this case you do not have the rights to edit the Supermetrics transfer settings.
6. Submit the changes you've made to the Supermetrics transfer settings by clicking on the Submit button.
- You will be notified that the setup was successfully transferred.
- NOTE – by clicking on Submit the changes you've made to the Supermetrics connection will be applied, even if you select Cancel on the BigQuery Edit transfer page in the next step 7.
7. Save the changes you made to any transfer details in step 3 by clicking on SAVE at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, click on CANCEL to discard these changes.