This article is for these Facebook authentication errors that can occur for any Supermetrics product:
Two factor authentication is required for your Facebook account. See article <link> for how to reset your login to use two factor authentication.
Two factor authentication required. User have to enter a code from SMS or TOTP code generator to pass 2fac. This could happen when accessing a 2fac-protected asset like a page that is owned by a 2fac-protected business manager
This error generally happens when two factor authentication had been turned on for the Facebook user account after they have logged into Supermetrics before. The token generated from that prior login is now invalid (as it was not created with the two factor included in the login process). In many cases, logging out and back in again should allow you to enter the two factor code and proceed without the error, but sometimes additional steps are necessary reset Supermetrics' permissions to clear the error.
- Log into Facebook with the account that is being used in Supermetrics.
- Follow this link to go to the Business Integrations:
- Supermetrics should be under the "Active" Business integrations section.
- Check the box next to the Supermetrics tab and click the "Remove" button.
NOTE - If you are also using our Instagram Insights connector, you may see who of these integrations: one for "Supermetrics" and one for "Supermetrics Connector". The second "Supermetrics Connector" one is for Instagram and it shouldn't be removed unless you also need to reset the authentication for that connector.
- Once the integration has been removed, log out of Facebook for the browser. This is to prevent any existing token for the browser version from interfering with the login process for Supermetrics.
- Now go try to log into Facebook with Supermetrics using the appropriate directions for your product. It should give you the chance to re-authorize the connection, use your two factor token, and opt-in to certain levels of access to the account. Make sure that is accepted (else as noted prior, the tool won't work).
- Google Sheets - How do I Re-Authenticate a Google Sheets Connector?
- Data Studio - How do I Re-Authenticate a Data Studio Connector?
- Excel - How do I Re-Authenticate an Excel Connector?
- Functions - Click the link to generate a new pwfat token and go through the login process.
- Data Grabber - Click the Facebook module to log back
What if I'm getting this error after the above steps - ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS?
1. Check that your two-factor authentication flow is working on Facebooks side (for example removing your phone number from Facebook will break this and not allow you to complete this authentication successfully)
2. Follow the workaround in this guide as it usually helps:
Authentication-, HTTP- or Script errors
I tried everything and it still has the error!
Please then submit a private ticket to Supermetrics Support for further assistance. Please note in the ticket that you've completed all the steps in this article so we know you already tried these.